Monday, October 29, 2007

Why This Blog?

The main purpose of this blog is to organize all of my lesson plans into one place. I spend so much time on them, that I like to keep them organized and ready to be used again in the future. This is a great place to do this for many reasons. Firstly, if I click on a topic in the side bar, I can easily print out everything I have blogged about that subject. Secondly, I can share what I am doing with all of you. (The very few people that check in from time to time and read this blog). Eventually I hope this blog will become a tool for sharing ideas. I am so grateful for any feedback or ideas that you may share! I also hope to encourage other educators to create their own blogs. Let's learn from eachother, inspire eachother, encourage eachother and just generally be a help to one another!
There are so many teachers that have deeply inspired me. My first grade teacher, Mrs. Jones, my pre-school teachers, Mrs. Sherry, Mrs. Joe and Mrs. Regina, my high school spanish teacher, Mrs. Milstead, my home-ec teacher, Mrs. Boone, my junior high P.E. teacher, Mrs. Biggs, Mrs. Rose Helen Reid, Mrs. Bass, Mrs. Warren, my high school counselor Mrs. Smith, Mrs. Cockrell, Mrs. Griffith, Mrs. Miller, Mrs. Reyes, Erin Smith, Jenna Cooley, Cari Johnson, Mrs. Workman, Mrs. Greenlee, Mrs. Early..................This is a list off the top of my head. I'm sure that I could go on, and I'm sure that I am forgetting people. I know that most of these fantastic women will never read this blog, but I thank God for their place in my life. They each taught me something very special. All of these women are educators, although I could easily continue this list with women who are not teachers that have taught me so much!
As you read, I hope that you can somehow benefit from this blog. I also hope that you will take a moment to teach me something from your experience. I am eager to learn! That's what this blog is all about, right?

No comments: