- Dinosaur means "Terrible Lizard"
- all dinosaurs were reptiles
- Some dinosaurs walked on two feet, some on four; one type even flew (the pterodactyl)
- some were plant-eaters; some were meat-eaters (herbivores, carnivores, omnivores)
- We still don't know exactly why they disappeared. Many scientists believe a asteroroid caused the extinction.
- scientists that study fossils are called paleontologists.
- Pterodactyls were the only flying dinosaurs. They did not have feathers, but rather norny scales. The wings were thin membranes, similar to the wings of a bat. The wing span of the Pterodactyl measured more than 20 feet.